What is a sink stopper:
A sink stopper is a simple but essential tool that helps to keep your sink clean and tidy. These are designed in a way that they can catch any food particles, debris or anything that is going down into the drain so there is no worry about clogging up of pipes. A good quality sink stopper will also help to prevent foul odours from emanating from your drain.
Types of sink stoppers:
There are a few different types of sink stoppers on the market, but the most common one is the plunger-type. It’s also called a traditional sink stopper. It is simply a rubber suction cup that you place over the drain hole in your sink. In order to create a seal, it is necessary to push down on the plunger. You can lift the plunger when you’re finished using the sink, and the water will drain away. A ball chain is also connected with them, ensuring the plug can easily be pulled out from the drain.
Another type of sink stopper is the basket type, also called the pop-up stopper. It works similarly to the plunger, but instead of a rubber suction cup, it has a metal basket that fits over the drain hole. The basket will catch any debris that tries to escape the drain, preventing it from clogging up your sink.
If you’re worried about losing small items down your drain, you can also get a sink stopper with a built-in filter. This type of stopper has a mesh screen that will catch any small items before they have a chance to escape down the drain.
No matter what type of sink stopper you choose, it’s essential to make sure that it fits smoothly over the drain so that water doesn’t leak out. Cleaning your sink stoppers regularly to prevent debris build-up is a healthier practice.
Tools required to remove sink stopper:
Once you decide to remove the sink stopper from your washroom or bathtub, it would help if you had the following tools.
- Wrench or pliers
- Brush (e.g., old toothbrush)
- Regular detergent
- Hair clog removal tool
- Drain cleaner liquid
To remove a sink stopper, you will need a few tools like a pair of pliers, a wrench, and most importantly, a screwdriver.
With these tools, anyone can remove the sink stopper easily. First, use the pliers to grip the stopper. Second, use the wrench to loosen the nut holding the stopper in place. In the last, use the screwdriver to remove the screws holding the stopper.
Nine Steps guide on how to remove sink stopper:
So, you finally decided, and now you are getting ready to remove the sink stopper. Below is a nine step guide on how to do that.
1. Check to see if there is a stopper lever on the sink. If so, flip it up to remove the stopper.
2. If there is no stopper lever, look for a knob or handle on the back of the sink. Turn and close it so the stopper is removed.
3. In some sink types, there is no knob or handle. If this is the case, find a set screw on the backside of the sink. Unscrew it to remove the stopper.
4. If there is no set screw, look for a pop-up rod attached to the back of the sink. Pull-on this rod to remove the stopper.
5. If there is no pop-up rod, look for a screw holding the stopper in place. Unscrew these screws to remove the stopper.
6. If there are no screws, your sink stopper is likely glued or welded. In this case, you will need to use a utility knife or other sharp tool to cut the stopper free.
7. Once the sink stopper is removed, you will be able to clean out any debris that was blocking it. Be sure to remove any hair or other materials that may be caught in the drain.
8. If you find that your sink stopper is damaged, you can purchase a new one at most hardware stores.
9. Replace the sink stopper and screw it in place (if applicable). Test the stopper to ensure that it is working correctly. If it is not, you may need to adjust the positioning of the stopper or purchase a new one.
With these nine easy steps, you should now know how to remove a sink stopper in your washroom. Take proper cautions and preventive measures, when you remove the stopper, as it may be sharp or difficult to remove. If you take professional assistance in this situation.
Read More: Each And Everything You Should Need To Know About What Kills Rats Instantly?
Here is a quick recap of removing any sink stopper from the washroom sink or bathtub. First, check that the drain must be clear of any debris, hairs or particles. If anything is blocking the drain, you’ll need to remove it before proceeding.
Once you do that, figure out the retaining ring that holds the stopper in place. This is usually located under the lip of the sink. Use a pair of pliers to loosen the ring and remove it.
When the retaining ring is removed, only then you can pull the stopper out of the drain. If it’s still stuck, try using a plunger to dislodge it.
After removing the sink stopper, clean it by washing it with water and put it back in its place. In case it is causing the same problems or is damaged, you may want to consider replacing it with a new one. Thank you sparing you time for reading this article.