Rummy is one of the most loved types of card games and is still evolving in the recent scenario. In this article, we will dive into the card game history and predict its coming future.
History of playing cards
The oldest and the most primitive evidence of playing cards is known to have been discovered in the ninth century in China when Princess Tongchan, daughter of Emperor Yizong.
Later, it was introduced in Europe in the last quarter of the 14th century and then Italy also discovered the ‘Tarot Card’ in the 1430s.
Because of the continuous evolution in card games, presently there are more than twelve types of card games and each of them is further sub-categorized.
Some of the well-known types are:
- Trick-taking games
- Matching games
- Shedding games
- Catch and collect games
- Fishing games
- Comparing games
- Solitaire games
- Casino games
|Melding Family||500 Rum, Cuajo, Red Three Rummy, Seven Bridge, German Rummy, Speed Rummy, and many more.|
|Contract Family||Contract Rummy, Dummy Rummy, Phase 10, Liverpool Rummy, and many more.|
|Shedding Family||Conquian, and Robber’s Rummy.|
|Canasta Family||Buraco, Biriba, Canasta, Hand and Foot, and many more.|
What can we expect in Rummy?
The future of Rummy and card games would hold a lot of fun and excitement with new updated features. Also, the future of online Rummy would be more revolutionized digitally.
1. Virtual Reality experience- The technological advancements of the modern era can help players experience immersive Virtual Reality (VR) format. This will enhance the competitive feel in the player on another level.
2. AI-based opponents- The growing age of Artificial Intelligence will build more intellectual and sophisticated opponents to play and compete with and hence it will increase the fun and strategic mind processing of both the human mind and the machine mind.
3. Rich opportunities- The growing madness of Rummy Playing will increase its access and playing on both online and offline platforms. It might be possible in the future that a diverse level of tournaments can be organized and entry into esports can give us more professional players.
4. Educational Tool- Rummy in the future can be used as a source of educating students about math, history, and much more.
5. Global Integration medium- If online rummy platforms continue to reach a massive audience at such a good pace, it might be possible in the future to reach a global audience by reducing the language barrier.
6. Environmental and pandemic considerations- The use of digital media to play games like Rummy, Callbreak apps, etc. will reduce the use of real playing cards hence, contributing to natural sustainability. Also, it will reduce physical interaction between people and will act as a good preventive measure.
The future of Rummy Games promises to be one of innovation, accessibility, and digital integration. Traditional Rummy will always have its place, but these developments will enable the game to continue to thrive and captivate players of varying ages and cultures around the world. Rummy is an enduring card game that will remain popular for generations to come due to its timeless appeal and the advancement of technology.